Image Credit: Shutterstock

The trendy keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that induces ketosis, the process through which your body uses fat for fuel rather than carbs.

According to Healthline, people on the keto diet force their bodies into ketosis by “dramatically reducing” their carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat, which makes their bodies “incredibly efficient at burning fat for energy,” according to Healthline. According to Healthline, the “typical” keto diet consists of 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10% carbohydrates.

However, according to the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, most proponents for the keto diet propose that carbohydrates account for between 5% and 10% of total daily calories, while fat accounts for 70% to 80% and protein accounts for 10% to 20%.

According to Harvard, that equates to around 40 grams of carbohydrates, 165 grams of fat, and 75 grams of protein on a 2,000-calorie diet. According to the school, carbohydrate intake on the keto diet can be as low as 20 grams per day.

According to the Mayo Clinic, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans indicate that carbohydrates account for 45-60% of your daily calorie consumption. According to the Mayo Clinic, a 2,000-calorie diet amounts to 225 to 325 grams of carbs per day.

According to, some proponents of the keto diet believe it can help people lose weight, reduce hunger, and increase mental concentration.

On the other hand, the keto diet received a 2 out of 5 ratings and was rated 37th out of 40 by a panel of health experts for the U.S. News & World Report’s annual list of best diets for 2022. The keto diet was also given a 1.9 out of 5 on the healthiness scale by the experts.

Previous articleKim Kardashian And Pete Davidson Caught On Romantic New Year’s Getaway In Bahamas
Next articleCorey Gamble Seen Holding Tristan Thompson Jersey Amid Ongoing Paternity Controversy
Alice is the Chief Editor with relevant experience of three years, Alice has founded Galaxy Reporters. She has a keen interest in the field of science. She is the pillar behind the in-depth coverages of Science news. She has written several papers and high-level documentation.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here