The Chromebook is one of the best devices that help the users to do almost everything in seconds and is the best alternative for the MacBook as almost all the functions of both the devices are similar but the main difference is only in the price and not in any other thing. It is the best device for gamers and steamers as it provides them the best sound and quality. But some of the gamers and steamers find it difficult to steam the games through the Chromebook but they don’t know that now the process has become so simple and straight forward and if the user is looking for the answer to the question that How to Install and Play Steam Games on a Chromebook? then the user has come to the right place.
As in this article, the user will get to know all the things about steaming or playing games on a Chromebook.
The first thing that the user keeps in mind that if the user has a school-issued Chromebook then the user is unable to play or stream the game as there is an administration lock-in that has to removed in order to play or steam a game.
So, now we come to the steps of how to play and stream games on a normal Chromebook.
1. First of all the user has to set up the Linux in the Chromebook if the user doesn’t have it and after installing it the user has to enable the GPU acceleration from the Linux. And if the GPU doesn’t get enabled then there is no need to worry as not much change will not happen.
2. After that the user has to open the Linux terminal and then has to enter the following command
“Sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y” The command will update the Linux and if the terminal shows the user some errors then there is no need to worry as it will affect nothing.
3. Now the user has to download this DEB file by clicking on this link in order to set up the file of Steam.
4. After downloading the file double click on the file and then the setup of the steam automatically will start on the Chromebook.
5. After the setup the user has to search for the steam button in the search box and then click on the option of the steam button.
6.After opening the app the steam will automatically get downloaded on the Chromebook which includes the files and databases that are required to run smoothly the steam on the Chromebook.
7. Now the user is able to log in to the steam account and then is able to play the games.
8. After opening the account the user must enable the one option i.e. go to Settings -> Steam Play -> Enable Steam Play for all other titles and click on “OK”. This option will enable the user to run several other windows games that are not available on Linux.
That’s all was the article about the Chromebook and I hope that the user has got the answer to the question that How to Install and Play Steam Games on a Chromebook?