Netflix had said on Sunday that it has decided to drop the works on Meghan Markle’s animated family series called ‘Pearl’.
Netflix had decided to stop developing on several projects, including Meghan’s series, making it a part of its strategic decisions on creating the animated series, the company said in the statement, without providing any further details on its decision protocols.
Archewell Productions, formed by Meghan and her husband named, Prince Harry, officially known as the Duke and the Duchess of Sussex, had announced last year that Meghan would now be an executive producer of “Pearl.” The series was planned to revolve around the adventures of a 12-year-old girl, who is said to have been inspired by a variety of influential women from history.
Archewell Productions had not immediately responded to a request for the comment.
Netflix had also decided not to move any forward with the two animated kids’ series called ‘Dino Daycare’ and ‘Boons and Curses.’
The decision was to cancel the shows that had come after Netflix had reported the loss of 200,000 subscribers in the first quarter, falling low of its forecast adding to 2.5 million subscribers.
However, Netflix had confirmed that the company would now continue to work on several projects with that Archewell Productions, including the previously announced documentary series called ‘Heart of Invictus.’ This year, the series is said to have focused on the athletes competing in the Invictus Games for the injured veterans in The Hague.
Netflix had not yet responded to the query on whether it will cut down on more of the animated shows.